Friday, June 8, 2012

Creative Friday ~ Simple Slouchy Beret

This past weekend while away at the apple farm I had plenty of time to concentrate on a knitting project. I have not yet mastered knitting in the round but have had a skein of Nuturing Fibres Spaghetti Arran in my stash for almost 2 years now waiting for me! So when I found this simple slouchy beret pattern that was knitted in straight needles I knew it was just the one.


It was such a lovely wool to knit with and using big needles for the project made it grow quickly - just the kind of pattern I like, being the instant gratification kinda gal I am.

My girls have each ordered one now so I know what I will be doing over the next while.

Joining up at Creative Friday.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That wool looks so snuggly, I love it. Really cute cap as well.
x

Reginas Cottage said...

hi wendy,
what a wonderful slouchy beret....simple but cute!
wish you a wonderful weekend,
blessings, regina
reginassimplelife.blogspot.com

karen said...

very nice colours

gartcott aka Penny Hannah said...

No wonder your girls have ordered one. The colours are so pretty and you've knitted the beret beautifully.

Urban Homestead South Africa said...

Thanks for the comments. I really enjoyed making it. My one daughter now has hers on her head and the next is started. Loved this easy knit!