Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Polenta nests with Italian garden salad

There is something so comforting about polenta...the color, warmth and texture just gives me a warm gushy feeling :-)

This weekend I had a lot of corn, cherry tomatoes and basil to use up so it ended up in this dish.

Cook your polenta - 1 cup polenta to 3 cups water, 1 teaspoon salt. (I dbl this for my family.)


In the meantime, halves 20-30 mini tomatoes of different colors, cut the corn of about 5 cobs, and pit and slice about 20 olives. Toss with a splash of olive oil and some black pepper and salt. Make a basalmic reduction.


When polenta is slightly cooled place a heap on each plate and using a greased spoon make an indentation.


Spoon your salad into the hollow, add lots of fresh basil, drizzle with the reduction, then ENJOY!

Entering this in Heidi's Cooking Challenge.

4 comments:

Tane Hannah said...

Looks great!
~Tane♥

Kathryn said...

Looks good!
Kathryn :-)

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I nominated you for Versatile Blogger Award, details are on my blog.

Unknown said...

Came to you through Adele's blog as a fellow Versatile Blogger. Love the polenta idea - wouldn't it be good with a ratatouille also (I have a large eggplant I need to use up soon).
Have a great weekend and enjoy your beautiful weather.