Thursday, January 12, 2012

When God Gives Tomatoes

I am sure I have mentioned before that I pray over my garden once the seeds for the season are in the ground.

1 Corinthians 3:7 says: "So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow."

This year I prayed in particular for tomatoes. Our first 4 years have been highlighted by failures in the tomato department so I was really trusting God for a good crop. At the moment we are picking bowls of tomatoes everyday. All types - black cherry, black prince, beefsteak, red cherry, yellow pear and more. I am so grateful for this visible sign of God's care for me....tomatoes...who would have thought
 :-)

So tonight I had 2 bowls and a basket to use and made a delicious pasta sauce with home grown ingredients. I chopped all the big really ripe tomatoes up....


Added a colander of fresh basil and 4 stalks of celery....then a tablespoon of garlic.....

And cooked it up until soft. Then added lots of black pepper and a teaspoon of salt and whizzed with my hand blender.

It was so yummy on freshly made pasta, sprinkled with Parmesan. This pot of tomatoes made enough sauce for 3 meals.

No comments: