Saturday, October 8, 2011

Spare Tyres and Chocolate Brownies

Every Friday for the past few months I meet with a friend to walk in the forest at 8.30am. All or some of my children come along depending on their school workload, but my 4 legged child, Lucky, is always there! It's one of my favorite things to do...walk my dog, see my children enjoy nature and spend time chatting to this relatively new, but very dear friend. We also workout at the gym together 3x a week, are in the same small house church and spend lots of R & R time together too.

While we were walking we were talking about the things that are concerning us with regards to turning the corner at 40. One of those things is the comfy spare tyre that has settled around our waists.

Well I got myself into such a tizz about it that I had to rush home and make the most decadent, rich, yummy, sticky, chocolatey thing I could find. This is what I made and it put all thoughts of spare tyres far from my mind... :-)

300g butter
300g sticky muscovado sugar
4 eggs
120g stone ground cake flour
50 raw coco powder
100g hazelnuts (bashed a bit to break up)
100g of good quality organic chocolate chopped into bits.

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time, mix well. Mix all dry ingredients together with the choc chips and nuts, add to the butter mixture. Put in a greased medium oven dish. Bake at 180 deg C for about 20mins.

To make them gooey and yummy, do not over cook, but when you stick your knife in it MUST have some mixture still stuck to it...not too much though.

Allow to cool slightly and then gobble as many as you can before worrying about the scale or the headache tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Chocolate is a food group. ;)

Urban Homestead South Africa said...

Great now I can add it to every meal...no wait, it gives me a headache so I will just do it when my spare tyre bothers me :0