Thursday, April 21, 2011

Remembering Monty

Monty has been with us for 12.5 years...she passed away today.

May you be in the place where the cats run slow and birds fly low, little one.




Show me a Doberman,
I'll cut him to size.
I'll tear him to pieces
In front of your eyes.

I'm cocksure and bossy
The King of the Patch
Bring on your Alsations,
It won't be a match.

I'm a dirty street fighter,
My language is foul.
I'll fight to the death,
Never throw in the towel.

Don't step near my missus,
Don't push me too far,
Get right off my pavement
Take your hands off my car.

And when she's alone,
I'll sit on her knee,
She'll know she's quite safe,
Relying on me.

Don't walk by my lorry,
When I'm at a show.
When I'm guarding my ponies,
I'm lethal to know.

I'll follow a fox
To the depths of his lair,
But I like creature comforts...
Get out of my chair!

I won't walk or heel
Or sit when I'm told,
But I'm loving, protective,
Brave, loyal, and bold.

My life's full of moments,
Importance and bustle.
I know I'm the greatest...

I'm called a JACK RUSSELL!

Author Unknown

6 comments:

Grant said...

Ah, my friend. She was such a lovely faithful dog. She has been around almost as long as our friendship. Wish I could give you a hug. Lots of love to all of you. xxx

Rose said...

Wendy and family: I'm very sorry to hear that Monty has passed away, our animals are so precious. Hugs to you all.

Lisa said...

Dear Wendy and family, I know how difficult a time you will be having now. Just remember that
Monty had a long and happy life with you and your family, a dog couldn't ask for more. Sending hugs to all.

Lois Evensen said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. The friendship we share with our dogs is so very special.

Urban Homestead South Africa said...

Thank you all so much for your wishes.

Loving Learning said...

shame Wendy so sorry to hear that.