Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Marrow tart and cake...delicious!

On Sunday I grated and froze 5 huge marrows for use later but one of the portions went into the following cake. The recipe is from Down To Earth Forums and was delicious. However, my one kiddie deleted my photos so I have nothing to show you!

Chocolate Marrow Cake
1 cup butter
3 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 teapsoons vanilla essence
1 cup milk
5 cups plain flour
8 tbsp cocoa powder
2tsp of bicarb
1 tsp salt
1 - 2 tsp cinnamon
1tsp salt
4 cups grated zucchini
choc drops - optional

Simply mix the wet, mix the dry, mix together and bake. This makes enough for 2 loaf tins and takes about 40 minutes to cook.

I was also inspired to try this Zucchini and Ricotta Galette but I had to make some adjustments.

I did not have ricotta, parmesan or mozarella so I used Feta and Cheddar and it was superb!

I also did not have time to make my own pastry so used shop bought puff pastry. It was so more-ish that by the time we took our last mouthful we were wanting to start all over again.

2 comments:

Cath said...

you're making me feel hungry, looks very yummy

Chris said...

Delicious looking pie, Wendy! I will be coming back to this post when our zucchinis are ready to harvest! :)