Saturday, July 10, 2010

3 Little Beanies Standing in a Row

All is not quiet on the knitting front. Superman was quite impressed with my weeks knitting...and to be frank so am I!



The two smaller beanies are the 2nd and 3rd of Beanies For Babies pattern that I am doing with my younger daughter. We hope to make about 20 more then take them to the prem unit at the local government hospital.

The larger beanie is for my little 3 year old niece. I got the pattern from my friend and surprise surprise I managed. Today,as it is raining cats and dogs, I hope to knit a flower to go on the side.

Later note:

Well I did it and it wasn't that hard. I used the flower pattern from the Usborne book "How To Knit". Actually I am hugely pleased with myself. So here is the flower:



And here is the completed beanie.

5 comments:

Toria said...

The premmie hats will mean a lot to the mothers who receive them. My youngest daughter had to go the NICU shortly after her birth (because of a bacterial infection not because she was a premmie) & the kindness of the woman who bought in hand knitted beanie & booties set that would fit her still brings tears to my eyes;

Lois Evensen said...

Lovely little hats for such a great purpose.

Chris said...

Oh, how cute!! The hats are just beautiful Wendy, and the flower turned out great!

Such a good thing you are doing, and I'm sure will be very much appreciated :o)

Merinda said...

Pragtig Wendy! I'm impressed, your Flower Beanie is so pretty, I can just imagine it on a little 3year old girl.
Your knitting is 'aansteeklik' - makes me want to try as well...
Thanks for sharing :-)

Urban Homestead South Africa said...

Hi Merinda

You really should, it's quite addictive! I am glad I started with simple squares....