Sunday, June 27, 2010

Blessing my Superman

My Superman has done so many things for me in the past two years since we grabbed this "simple living" vision.



He has built meters and meters of fences with my son. Made trellises, created path ways, made me a seedling germination box, hung hanging baskets for my strawberries, been the chief taster of some strange concoctions in my attempts to can.



He has smiled at my stockpiling start, been puzzled over some of my more daring attempts like soap making and endured my home made laundry soap. But all along he has supported me in many ways as I have walked this journey in our home.

He has been teasing me about my new knitting habit. The other night he said: "Now that you are 40, your knitting has become a permanent feature!" But then he saw the girls fingerless mittens!

He works from home in a flatlet in our back garden which keeps him nice and close to us. But that flatlet is COLD...so when he saw the gloves he asked for a pair.



His hands have blessed us so much over the years, that I felt so good to deliver him his mittens today - and this time it only took me two evenings to knit them.

No comments: