Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Winter's day

Today we had a lovely walk from a friends small holding. My oldest rode and my youngest biked...I just had to hoof it to keep up. Here are some piccies we took.

Winter trees



Spider webs like lace on the grass



Clover the calf, who is being weaned and bellows for her mom.





Beetle, the beloved.



On the way back I stopped in to collect post and to my delight my winter reading has arrived...Jane's Delicious Garden (another urban veggie grower) and my all time favourite book that I tried to bribe a friend to keep cos it was out of print...but is no longer Living The Good Life...can't wait for bedtime to snuggle up and read!

3 comments:

African Bliss said...

Gee, those books look great! My wife, Rae, wants to know where you got them from. You must also try to get hold of, "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver... very interesting reading!

Urban Homestead South Africa said...

I got them from www.loot.co.za And if there is one book you need to get for Rae it's Linda Cockburn's Living a Good Life.

This will be the 4th time I have read it...it was forcibly removed from my clutches by a friend when I had to return it to her. :-)))

GardenMom said...

"Jane's Delicious Garden" looks interesting. I also love "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" as well. I have read it twice already.