Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Things I want to learn to do

I have had a time of introspection today thinking about things I still want to learn to do over the next few years...note - YEARS!

Learn to knit with natural fibres.
Learn to make my own soap.
Learn to make herbal teas (and get off coffee :-))
Perfect my white bread.
Learn how solar panels work.
Learn to have a four seasons harvest.

Do you think that's enough yet?

There are so many things that take my time that each of these skills seem like a huge thing for me to do...but that's why I have no set date or goal...just sometime!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I agree with you here and actually share quite a few of your goals myself! Time just gets away from me and there is so much to do. I tell myself that when my job as mother and teacher are done and my children are on their own in the world, I will take on some of these new skills....

GardenMom said...

I want to learn how to make my own cheese. My white bread has actually gotten pretty good, but cheese I have no idea...

Urban Homestead South Africa said...

Thanks for popping in ladies. Last night I lay thinking about more things that I want to learn to do, then I stated feeling panicky...I am a firm believer in babysteps...so that's the way my list will stay :-)

Carle said...

Heh wendy,

Can I help with the Knitting!
:-)

Urban Homestead South Africa said...

Carle'

It was your blog that inspired me...your wool is so beautiful is screams "Knit with me!" and that poncho is just gorgeous...

I will shout when I need you, thanks so much for the offer. My 10 year old is an avid knitter...I need to join her sometime. She is knitting for www.knit-a-square.com

Bless you
Wendy

Carle said...

Well let me know if she needs some wool, I always love giving when I know it is going to be loved.

xx