Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cinnamon scrolls

Today I made bread by hand instead of using my machine. This meant I had to heat the oven and I don't like to heat it up for only one thing. My daughter requested cinnamon scrolls for a snack so we made them too.

This recipe comes from Linda Cockburn's book "Living the Good Life".

Make the dough with 500g plain flour, 2 teaspoons yeast, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, about 1 cup of warm water.




In a bowl put two tablespoons of butter and brown sugar and cinnamon. Melt it in the microwave or in a pot on the stove.




When the dough has risen to twice it's size roll it out into a square about 1cm thick. Smear it with the butter mixture.

Roll it up into a sausage


Cut sections off to make little rounds and place on a greased baking sheet.


Bake for 20 minutes at 180 deg C. Then spoon over a mixture of water and icing sugar...note in this picture that there are two missing! My daughter and I couldn't wait! :-)


No comments: